This is our unique Direct Drive conversion adaptor unit. Upgrade your 1:1 ungeared carriage mounted direct drive extruder to Flex3Drive performance.
This will allow owners of machines like a Wanhoa/Makerbot etc to convert their direct drive to a highly geared lightweight precision extruder by simply fitting the adaptor in place of the motor.
The motors are then mounted elsewhere to a static point in the machine. How clever is that. Huge thanks to Maxbots at Makers Tool Works for helping to create this excellent and novel approach. Do visit their site as they make some great machines.
- Product Status – Now Available!
- Removes the heavy Nema motor from the moving carriage
- Converts 1:1 drive to 40:1 drive for precise smooth filament control
- Bolts onto your existing extruder mechanism
- Transforms your machines print quality
- Completely change your thinking about what you print and how you print it
- Comes complete with motor mount and all ancilary parts – everything you need!
- Available with 600 – 800mm length driveshafts
- Just print new parts as and when any improvements or updates are released
- Powerful enough for hi flow rate hotends
- Torquey enough for high speed machines
- Available with any length driveshaft from 6o0mm upwards.
- Suits all machines that have a carriage mounted 1:1 direct drive extruder
- Comes with full instructions
- Compatible with all electronics and any 1.8 degree nema17 motor
Whats in the Box?
- Assembled Direct Drive Adaptor
- Flexible Driveshaft with driveshaft connector
- Motor mount assembly
- Motor Cap
- PTFE Tubing for driveshaft and filament guide (2mtrs)
- PTFE Tubing Clips
- Fastener Kit
(note: Please check with your printers documentation or in online user groups about the ability to be able to modify your firmware and microstepping settings as described in our hardware and software setup pages accessible at the top of the side bar menu on the left side of the page – If you have any questions feel free to contact us via the contact form and we will do our best to assist you).