This is our rock solid baseline version of the Flex3Drive from which other variants are developed. This is the result of a design process that has gone through countless iterations and not hundred but literally thousands of hours of printing, and not over weeks or months, but quite literally years of testing and development. This is a mature, refined product!
From the numerous innovations we have pioneered, this extruder includes our Two-Bar rigid tensioner system with a quick release lever and optional screw based arm, and includes integrated hotend and carriage mounting features. We are really proud of the journey and the result it produced. We hope you like it too.
- Product Status – Now Available!
- Two bar rigid linkage tensioner design – no screws no springs same tension every time
- Optional screw based adjuster with thumb wheel for easy tool free adjustment
- Quick release tensioner action – no need to remove the tension arm to change filament, easy as click-click
- Available for 1.75 or 3mm filament
- Compatibility with the widest range of hotends (JHead/E3D/Pico/Buda and more)
- Prints with all filaments from super soft flexibles to super hard nylons and carbons
- 40:1 gear ratio means highest resolution filament control of any extruder currently available
- Fully contained filament force path – nowhere for the filament to go except down
- Integrated hotend mounting holds the hotend securely
- Print flexible filaments faster than you have done before
- Robust contruction – you wont break this beast.
- Just print new parts as and when any improvements or updates are released
- Integrated hotend cooling
- Powerful enough for hi flow rate Volcano hotends
- Smoothly print fine (50 micron or less) layer heights
- Torquey enough for high speed machines
- Available with any length driveshaft from 650mm upwards.
- Suits MendelMax and Prusa i3 style machines.
- Carriages available in our downloads section
- Comes with full instructions
- Compatible with all electronics and any 1.8 degree nema17 motor
Whats in the Box?
- Complete and assembled Flex3Drive G3 extruder to filament size
- Printed parts in Black ABS as standard – other colours available upon request (specify with order)
- Flexible Driveshaft with driveshaft connector
- Motor mount assembly
- Motor Cap
- PTFE Tubing for driveshaft and filament guide (2mtrs)
- Tubing Clips
- Hotend Shroud (to chosen hotend spec)
- 25mm hotend fan
- Screw based tesnion arm with bearing
- Fastener Kit