For one of the most well known machines there has ever been, and upon its release represented one of the biggest milestones in printer construction and performence we present Flex3Drive for the renowned Ultimaker Original 3D Printer. This printhead/extruder design was produced alongside the brilliant engineering team at Ultimaker and is approved by them as an after market upgrade for this machine.
The Flex3Drive UMO assembly is a like for like replacement of the original printhead incorporating the Flex3Drive geartain inside the print head. Now you can print anything with ease and produce even better prints with this great machine. There is no drilling or cutting and no irreversible changes made to the machine. Simply complete the installation, make a few simple firmware changes and your good to go.
Compatible with all 3D printers in the Ultimaker Original range (UMO and UMO+)
- Product Status – Now Available!
- Fully contained within the same footprint as the orginal print head
- Easy assembly and simple installation that can be fully reversed to preserve warranty
- 40:1 drive ratio provides complete control over filament extrusion at any layer height
- Smoothly print layers heights as low as 50 microns (or lower if you have the time)
- Two bar rigid linkage tensioner design – no screws no springs same tension every time
- Comes with additional screw based tension arm for those filaments that require a fine tension adjustment
- Supplied with a new Graphite filled PTFE coupler of improved design – reliably withstands higher temps to 270c
- Extruder motor mounts in place of original feeder
- Filament spool remains in same place
- Dual PTFE tubing arrangment feeds filament to the printhead alongside the driveshaft tubing
- Comes with full motor mount assembly and spacer to avoid motor noise resonating though printer frame panels
- Retains all original hotend components and lower alumium plate
- Mounting point provided for the thermocouple PCB on top of the print head
- Compatible with all electronics and any 1.8 degree nema17 motor
- Solid robust design
- Driveline and flexible shaft comes with full warranty
Whats in the Box?
- Complete and assembled Flex3Drive for Ultimaker Original
- Printed parts in Black ABS as standard – other colours available upon request (specify with order)
- Graphite filled Teflon coupler
- Flexible Driveshaft with driveshaft connector
- Motor mount assembly
- Motor Cap
- PTFE Tubing for driveshaft and filament guide (2mtrs)
- Tubing Clips
- Hotend Shroud (to chosen hotend spec)
- Screw based tesnion arm with bearing
- Fastener Kit